One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.
-Frank Smith, psycholinguist
Live French brings together Teach Yourself's three international bestselling language courses in one package along with online and reference materials:
1. Complete French - a beginner to intermediate coursebook with audio that will form the basis of your studies
2. Get Talking and Keep Talking - bite size audio lessons to improve fluency and comprehension in your speaking and listening
3. Perfect Your French - take your language skills to an intermediate/upper intermediate level with this book and audio course
4. Reference CD-ROM - support your studies with this comprehensive reference resource for grammar, verbs and vocabulary
With an expertly written learning guide, you can immerse yourself in the language and reach your goals with a clear plan of how to organize and blend your learning. Move along a standard or accelerated path depending on your learning needs. With the CDs, you can download the MP3 audio files to your computer and put them on your MP3 player or smartphone or play the discs in an MP3-compatible CD player.
Live French includes a flexible, blended approach to solve the problems most learners struggle with:
- One book is never enough. Live French provides all the material you need to properly learn French and make it stick.
- I'm not a good language learner. Live French includes an expertly written learning guide and journal to structure your learning so you succeed.
- I get bored with just a book. Live French includes books and audio courses to appeal to every type of learner.
- There's never enough practice or consolidation, so I don't remember what I learn. Live French includes the equivalent amount of material and practice to qualify you for the Foreign Service Institute's French General Professional Proficiency.
- I get discouraged when I don't see my progress. Live French's learning journal provides a study pathway for you to follow across all the courses so your progression is visible and logical.
Live French...because it's the only way to really learn a language.